I have a Family Science degree (marriage and family therapy, mental health discipline similar to counseling) and a Computer Science degree. I've combined the two degrees to help entrepreneurs with the technical hurdles and the mental roadblocks (focus, performance, health, fitness and energy management).

What To Do When Leaders Fail You



Hey, I have a question. 
Have you ever had a role model or someone that you look up to?
And they completely let you down?


Click the image for the video.



You are totally on board with everything they said. 
And you are expected them. You followed their regimen, advice or whatever it is.

And all of a sudden, you’ve found out that they did something that is completely unacceptable. And you are so angry, you just don’t know what to do.

“Ugh, this guy changed my life, he changed this part of my life”.
I followed him. I trusted him. And he let me down!

I think we’ve all been there. We see it in newspapers, magazines. 
All these people that we once looked up to.

It also happens with our friends and family. They are not doing what we think they should be doing. We put these expectations on them. And they need to live up to that.

Well, there’s a few things with that.
One, if we have a role model and they’ve given us something. They changed our lives.
And they messed up with our book. Or maybe they are really messing up.

But they are not doing things we respect anymore. The thing with that is, not to get mad but to be thankful that they had impact on our lives. 
They have made a difference in us. 

And take that and live it. Live the rest alone. 
Their life is their life. They need to, like us, they need to make mistakes and learn from it.

We’ve already benefited from the positive things, the positive influence.
Just because they did something we don’t agree with, doesn’t mean that they haven’t given us something. And for us to throw everything away is self-defeating and not benefiting us.

We are getting angry, we should be like “I’m glad that person was in my life, I’m glad that they influenced, impacted me”. I’m going to take that and walk away.
Let them learn whatever they need to learn. And move on mentally.

The second thing is our own anger that is hurting us. We are angry because they’ve let us down. We’ve all let ourselves down. And for us to be angry and down for letting us down, it’s hurting us to be angry.

So, the next time you have a role model take the good. 
Take the lesson learned. Be grateful for that. Don’t follow the negative thing. 
The things that you didn’t agree with and didn’t respect.

Let them learn a lesson they need to learn. With the life they need to live.
Make gratitude. The primary feeling that you are feeling. The primary focus.

That way, you still walk away with a good feeling about the situation.
You still walk away with positive impact that person has made in your life.



Find Nichole Carlson:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Know us

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *